Indian Context: The ancient scriptures of the Hindus keep gaumutra as a sacred commodity and it is even used for worship and other religious activities. Gaumutra is taken orally by the Hindus for treating various diseases and as a purifier of body and soul in Hindu rituals. The cow dung is used by the villagers in India for applying to house floors and walls of the mud houses as an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal treatment. Ayurveda has given the name of sanjeevani to the gaumutra, which means the protector of life. According to ayurveda, gaumutra is the medicine for curing all the three main kinds of body problems, that is vata, pitta and kapha.
Scientific Relevance: The uses and its importance in hindu mythology and ayurveda has attracted modern medicine practitioners and researchers. Extensive research has been done and is still being done to test the medicinal properties with very positive results. The clinical trials of gaumutra shows it’s contents as sulphur, nitrogen, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, iron, silicon etc. and vitamin A, B, C, D and E, it also has lactose, creatinine and some enzymes all vital for the body. The anti-fungal and anti-bacterial property of gaumutra is proved by the presence of carbolic acid in it.
1) Gaumutra is successfully used for treating all kinds of fungal and bacterial infections as well as for all skin related problems.
2) Gaumutra is a great remedy for heart diseases with highly positive results as it lowers cholesterol.
3) It’s a liver tonic and enhances the functioning of the liver and gives it strength.
4) It is a cure for intestinal parasites.
5) It’s a great medicine for headaches and migraine.
6) It can be used for relieving tension.
7) Great medicine for thyroid diseases.
8) It’s a great purifier and often used by the ayurveda practitioners for cleaning the body and to detoxify the system from any kinds of toxins. That is to detoxify the body from the bad effects of other medicines.
9) It enhances memory and used as brain tonic.
10) It is an effective remedy for kidney problems.
11) It is excellent in treating jaundice.
12) Effective in reducing body weight and obesity.
Treatment of Cancer: The effects of gaumutra on cancer have been tested by many practitioners and currently it is being used as a replacement or a supplement for chemotherapy showing great results. Many cancer cases both old and new have been treated successfully by only administering gaumutra, this number is still increasing and many patients have also been totally cured. Infact the making of gaumutra or cow urine tincture, carries two US patents and one of the Indian state government’s is planning to purchase gaumutra for making and marketing its medicines from government run outlets.
Treatment of AIDS: Its miraculous properties are being acknowledged by using it for treating AIDS and is attracting attention from the medical world.
Own Experience: One of my own friends was given six months by the doctor to live who was treating him for intestinal cancer. When he visited his village, the village medicine man told him to take cow’s urine daily on an empty stomach. As he had already tried every thing and knew that nothing could harm him anymore, out of desperation he tried the suggested regime. After a week he was feeling better, he continued this regime and after three months was feeling really well. Two years later he is still working in his office with lots of energy. He has stopped taking any medicines and is still following the same regime planning for his next checkup.
Day to day use: Gaumutra can be taken by any healthy individual as it is a great health tonic.